- 1 ripe banana
- 1½ cups frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup spinach, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup kale, loosely packed
- 1/2 frozen or cooked beet (optional)
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp Super Greens Powder (optional but recommended)
- 1½ cups milk - regular, almond, coconut, hemp, etc.
- 1/2 cup ice
Age: 1 year and up
Honey Add-In: I find that the recipe above is very sweet and doesn’t need any added honey, but if your kids prefer it a little sweeter then by all means you can add in 1-2 tablespoons of honey to the recipe above. Do not add honey to smoothies for babies under 1 year of age.
Frozen Beets: Get my guide on how to freeze beets for smoothies here (it’s at the bottom of the post).
Additional Add-Ins: You can totally add in 1 teaspoon of bee pollen, 1 teaspoon of flax or chia seeds, 1/4 cup of frozen cauliflower, 1/4 cup of old-fashioned oats or 1 teaspoon of coconut oil if you want a little more nutrients.
Serving: 1small servings, Calories: 124kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 58mg, Potassium: 291mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 15g, Calcium: 126mg, Iron: 1mg