Peach + Blueberry Mini Muffins for Toddler
These Peach + Blueberry Mini Muffins are a flavorful and wholesome muffin for our toddler or kid!
Self-regulate. That is what babies do.
Hungry – they eat.
Full – they don’t eat.
Sleepy – they fall asleep anywhere at any time.
Not sleepy – they won’t even bat an eye about not taking a nap for an entire day.
I find this interesting to watch. Inspiring. Self-regulation is not something that I am good at. I will eat that cookie sitting on the counter no matter if I am hungry or not, I can take a nap at almost any time of the day. No problems. This is mostly because I am a lazy person who likes to eat sweets. I am ok with this.
The wee one can go days with only a slight interest in food.
A nibble here, a nibble there.
So I was only a tad hurt when she passed not once on these mini muffins but twice. I mean, I made them from her favorite foods – blueberries and peaches. Which she usually pounds back by the bucketful. But mixed with whole wheat flour, a drizzle of honey and a blade full of vanilla bean.
The third time, I think she got over the scary blue chunks sticking out of the top of the muffin or maybe she realized that was her two favorite fruits smashed together in there. She ate three of them. In five minutes.
I did some major fist pumps followed by some air guitar kicks.
Unfortunately, by the time she figured out how good these were I had already polished off the rest.
Self-regulate. I’m working on it.
Stir. Pour in the liquid goodness. Pour in the violet goodness. Stir gently.
Get the recipe: Peach + Blueberry Muffins for Toddler + Kids
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/3 cup honey, maple syrup or sugar
- 1 cup 2% greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe peach, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp raw sugar, for topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or line a mini or regular muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice. Mix in the honey, egg, yogurt and oil with, until just incorporated.
- In a small saucepan, heat the peach sections, blueberries and vanilla extract on low for 5 minutes. Smash the peaches and blueberries together until you have a part-clumpy, part-puree mix. This will make it so your toddler won’t get an entire chunk of fruit in their mouth at once.
- Gently incorporate fruit mix into dough. Do not over mix.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 way full and sprinkle the tops of the muffins with raw sugar (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes and then move to wire rack until completely cool.