- We visited Great Wolf Lodge for a kid-centric getaway, and it was (surprisingly) super fun! The girls are looking forward to our next visit.
- I went to the Dior exhibit at the Denver Art Museum (without the girls) and it was amazing! Definitely worth going to see it if it comes to a museum near you.
- Sometimes all you can do in life is get the kiddos, whom are still in their pjs with wild hair, out of the house at 4pm for a walk around your neighbor.
- Elliette took her first official ski lesson, and is now hooked!
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN MY WORLD
It’s been awhile since we have had a chance to catch up, but like any good friends, we can easily start just were we left off!
Even with my best efforts of preventive holistic care – we spent most of February passing around a long-lived cold. The girls each took 5 days off of school (not at the same time of course) and then Elliette had a week off of school for teacher training and conferences. So I had a lot of days home with the girls, which was great and also extremely exhausting. The first day both girls went back to school, I sat for a good hour just sipping my coffee staring off into space in complete peace and quiet before frantically deep cleaning my house.
Elliette was diagnosed with Dyslexia at the beginning of the school year so I have been searching all Fall for a school that might be better at meeting her specific needs for next year. In Denver, where we live, the school thing is no joke. It’s beyond hard to get into the good schools that might be a better fit for her. This entire school process is just so hard to comprehend and process, especially since it can impact so much of her future. It feels overwhelming. What is your school process like? Do you find it just as overwhelming?
Geez.. my end of this coffee chat has somewhat been a downer – sickness and school anxiety! So much for me being the fun friend!
On a positive note – this past month, I started focusing on planning my workouts each week and I feel so much better when I actually make the time to workout. I have been doing a combo of yoga, kickboxing and spinning. I have also been tracking what I have been eating with Noom. Have you tried Noom? I like that they have a nutrionist and coach cheering you on (and holding you accountable). I feel so much more focused and centered. Amazing what self care will do for you:) What are some ways you are taking care of yourself?
WHAT I ❤️😍 THIS MONTH!
- I got this household cleaner for Christmas and can’t stopped recommending it to all of my friends. It is seriously the best eco-friendly and toxin-free cleaner on the market, that is completely kid and pet safe! I have never been such a mom – recommending house products 🙃
- I’m dreaming of warmer weather and wearing this easy white dress with this yellow mom tote all summer long. I would pair it with my 15 year old demin jacket and my worn-in birkenstocks.
- I just finished this book for my bookclub (where reading the book is optional), and it was sooooo good that I read it in 2 days – I just couldn’t put it down! I’m still thinking about it days later.
- I completely binged the show Russian Doll on netflix. Have you seen it? If so, what the heck happened in the end? Still trying to wrap my head around it.
- Can’t get enough of this salad, so good!
- This is so my life, which made me laugh.
WHAT MY KIDS ❤️😍 THIS MONTH!
- Parker has made me read this book every night for months. She will literally scream “I LOVE CATS” at the exact right moments in the book. Cutest thing ever, even if it winds her up right before bed.
- Hands down the best organic cream I have had found for baby/toddlers/kids – great for ezcema, diaper rash, rashes, chapped noses, etc.
- We have been playing this fun game non-stop and I hate to admit it but the girls beat me (for real) every time! Great for ages 3+.
- Sequins make everything better! Just got the girls these fun color changing sequin swimsuits for the summer. They are literally what my childhood dreams are made of!
How are you doing? What’s on your mind lately? Keep in touch.